Thursday 31 March 2011

Review of Awakened by P.C & Kristin Cast

Book 8, eh? No it wasn't as bad as some of them. I am a fan of the House of Night and will definitely read everybook in the series. My main problem with Awakened was the same problem I have with most of the books. Zoey. And the general dialogue of the teens.

So Zoey and Stark are back from the Otherworld, Neferet is still a psycho, Kalona is still a douche with wings and Stevie Rae is in love with a bird. Good times? No! I didn't feel like much happened throughout this latest chapter, except at the end it got great with some unexpected and expected-but-good plot twists. 

I think if you are wanting to get into the House of Night books, it is worth it. I did enjoy Marked, Book 1 a lot. Don't try to start from Awakened though as it will make no sense at all!

So the characters. For some reason, Zoey drives me nuts. She is no Gabry, but I just can't empathise with her and have always found her to be the kind of girl I would not wanna know in real life. I hate the way the kids talk. I havent been 17 for awhile, but I don't remember talking that way, nor have I overheard anyone actually speak that way. For example: "I heart me some Jack" or "bullpoopie". And then there is Kramisha's poor grammer. It all is really irritating and childlike. 

This one can have a 2/5 because I like Rephaim and Cats. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment