Wednesday 13 April 2011

Review of Falling Under by Gwen Hayes

Oh lordy... Theia Alderson has spent her entire 17 years holding back, being exactly the girl her father wants her to be. But when she meets the gorgeous Haden, the girl she once thought she was begins to fray at the edges.

Theia is instantly drawn to Haden, he is hot and mysterious and bad, he is literally the man of her dreams - She met him while she was asleep BEFORE he turned up at school.

Theia is swamped with confusion over Haden. Why is he appearing in her dreams? are they really dreams or something else? Does he remember her at school? Why does he act like he hates her one minute and loves her the next?

The truth is terrorfying.

This book rocks, to say the least. It has so many lovely horror moments, more so than most paranormal romance books which are usually very angsty. While this has a sufficient dose of teen angst too, it also has some very vivid macabre scenes which I just loved. 

Theia is a good character who is in constant battle with herself over how she should and how she wants to act and think. Haden is appealing, maybe more so as he is similar to the protagonist in my own novel-to-be. The other characters all have their purpose and none of them particularly got on my nerves!


It is well written, very easy to get lost in. I love horror movies, and although I wouldnt call it 'scary' it has skeletons and monsters and all things that go bump in the night which was really cool. Gwen Hayes has a wonderfully demented mind, in the best possible way :)


The story itself is great too, again had some similar themes to my novel-to-be! I do recommend it to all you YA-Para-Rom fans out there, plus the cover is a front runner for my cover of the year! so beautiful :)


I GIVE IT 4/5

1 comment:

  1. This one sounds really interesting, and I'm so glad you liked it! That's interesting that it has a horror side to it as well. Can't wait to read this one! Great review!

    ReplyDelete