Sunday 15 May 2011

Review of The Lost Saint by Bree Despain

It's been ten months since Grace Divine risked her life to save her were-boyfriend Daniel. Ten months since Jude Divine succumbed to the wolf, bit Grace and disappeared. During that time Daniel and Grace had been training to try and keep a balance of the newly acquired wolf powers growing inside Grace. Things get interesting when April and Grace get some clues as to the possible whereabouts of Jude and they meet Talbot, a sexy, hero-type cowboy figure. 


Grace and Talbot begin a friendship, a secret one. Daniel decides that training Grace is too much of a risk and refuses, but Talbot believes it is a good idea. Grace goes behind Daniel's back and becomes drawn to Talbot. Daniel is keeping secrets of his own and Grace begins to question who can she really trust.


This sequel to The Dark Divine was brilliant. I was ho-hum about the first book, but this one made me a fan of the series. It was more action-packed and the introduction of Talbot, and Katie Summers (a girl who Grace thinks is interested in Daniel) ensured an interesting love-square situation.


I also enjoyed that there was more than just the werewolves in this book, and it had some 'Buffy-esque' moments which, to me, is always WIN. I learned to like Grace in this book, where in the first I found her somewhat tedious. The cliffhanger at the end of the book was great and I can't wait to see where the Daniel & Grace story heads in the next, as yet untitled, book. 


I would recommend to people who havent read either book, to still read The Dark Divine first as i think as a stand-alone The Lost Saint would be a bit confusing for a new reader.


All in all I give this book a 3.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment