Monday 7 March 2011

Review of Anxious Hearts by Tucker Shaw

 Eva and Gabe, Evangeline and Gabriel. Two young lovers existing in different times. Torn apart and determined to find a way back together.

This is a clever and beautiful book based on the epic Longellow poem ' Evangeline'. Shaw has done a brilliant job of writing from the POV of both Eva and Gabriel, skipping back and forth between time. 
It is very beautifully written and well portrays the angst both sets of young lovers feel. It is also a very easy read and I recommend reading the poem as well to really get the setting and emotions before reading the book.

 It's a story about love, about determination and about not giving up.

Here is the Henry Wadsworth Longfellow poem that inspired the story

I give it a 3.5/5

1 comment:

  1. I love the colors in the cover. I don't think I've ever read the poem. Thanks for the link.

    ReplyDelete